Live-In Travel Nanny Needed
Adventurous, entrepreneurial, and loving first-time parents seeking full-time, live-in energized, thoughtful and intuitive nanny.
Location: Jackson, WY + Travel
Experience: 10+ years
Compensation: $25-30 an hour
First time parents are seeking a full-time, live-in travel nanny for their baby who is expected to arrive on September 21, 2021. The anticipated start date for this role is January 2022, as they will have a newborn care specialist for the first four months. The ideal candidate would be willing to care for the child six days a week and be open to changes, sometimes last-minute, within the schedule. The family spends January-March and July-September in Jackson and the rest of the year traveling (Caribbean, NYC, Italy, Japan, etc.). Must be energized, flexible and adaptable given their spontaneous lifestyle and be comfortable around a variety of people, as they love to entertain.
Both parents work from home and plan to be hands-on. There are times when the nanny will have sole care and times when the parents will want one-on-one time with their child. The couple is hoping to welcome the nanny into their home as a contributing member of the family. Someone who is considerate, service-minded, and has a “how can I help” mindset. There will likely be occasional duties such as unpacking packages/deliveries, helping with the dog (Australian Shepherd), light laundry, tidying up, and errands. However, the couple has a Chef Monday-Friday, housekeeping services 2-3 times a week, and a personal assistant. They seek a nanny who has many of the following qualities- loving, caring, intuitive, self-aware, self-sufficient, reliable, loyal, effective communicator, experienced, wise, energetic, and organized. Someone who has newborn experience and is willing to commit long-term and integrate as a core member of the family for 5+ years is desired.
Residency in the US is essential (US citizen with valid passport or a green card holder, couple would consider sponsoring visa if needed but not preferred). Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. A family car is provided while on the job and experience driving in the snow is a plus.
We personally enjoy giving back to the community, hiking, traveling, and skiing. Our favorite parenting books are Bringing Up Bebe and Conscious Parenting.
- Primary responsibility is caring for the baby and all related aspects (laundry, organization, food/milk prep, restocking and ordering, prepping for short- or long-term travel, creating and maintaining sleeping and eating schedules, educating parents and fill-in support on baby’s needs, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of all the phases of childhood development from infancy through school-age.
- Plan entertaining games, arts and crafts projects, and activities to stimulate a child’s learning, imagination, and development.
- Implement outdoor play and other physical activities.
- Monitor the development of fine motor and sensory skills.
- Help with speech and language acquisition.
- Aid in the development of interpersonal relationships with siblings and peers .
- Follow and contribute to household protocols.
- Prepare the baby for all travel.
- Assist with special events such as birthday parties and family functions.
- Help prepare weekend meals for the baby and family as/if needed.
- Help with light laundry and clean-up on days when house cleaners are not around.
- At least 10 years, ideally more, of live-in nanny and childcare experience from newborn onwards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high emotional-intelligence and self-awareness.
- Proactive self-starter mindset, willing to be a contributing member of the household, always finding something to do and contribute to even if the baby is sleeping or taken care of by others.
- Flexible hours and availability with an attitude of intense dedication and enthusiasm.
- Service and contribution-oriented.
- Positive and grateful-minded.
- Experience packing for trips and flying private.
- Experience with high net worth families is a major plus.
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- College Educated Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and familiarity driving in snow
- Valid Passport for International
- Fluent in english
- Current US Citizen
- Travel experience
- Able to pass background check
- Premium Health Insurance (Including Health, Dental and Vision)
- 2 Weeks of Paid Time Off (Prefered to be taken consecutively and with advance notice during convenient time for family’s schedule)
- Guaranteed hours
- Car provided
- Paid Travel Expenses related to all on-job travel
- Round Trip plane ticket covered for time-off to home of origin or desired destination
- Matching 401K Contribution
- Equity with huge upside
*Priority will be given to those who can speak a second language.
*Please note that live-in nannies in Wyoming are not required to be paid overtime.
To apply for this position please complete the online application located below.