Family First Household Staffing Agency is eager to assist a busy and professional family located in Ketchem, Idaho in finding a professional and capable long-term live-in estate employee. They need their employee to fill the role of tutor and executive personal assistant in their home.
This position starts Monday, September 6th, 2021, but they are willing to wait for the right fit. They are offering $45-$50 an hour for a candidate that is kind, structured, highly educated and extremely organized. Flexibility in a day to day schedule is needed, but the position guarantees 45 hours a week. They are looking for a candidate who aligns with their values and can be an added support to the family throughout their lives. They would love this person to stay with them for 5+ years. The parents often travel, so overnight care for their two children, in 5th and 7th grade, is required. The family has many residences on their property, so while their household employee will be considered “live-in,” they will not actually be living in the main home. The family is offering a relocation package for the right fit, and is comfortable with someone who would like to relocate with a spouse.
For the tutor role, they are looking for a candidate who is highly educated. They want someone who is strong in math and can further assist in nurturing their children’s education that is received at school. The family requires that their candidate be able to teach their children a second language, and help improve their spelling and reading skills. They would love a tutor who can offer their children the opportunity to advance with a musical instrument, but that is not a requirement. Specifically, they are looking for a tutor to guide them in English, Writing, Math, Science and a Second Language (preferably Spanish or Mandarin) for their 5th and 7th graders. Someone who has experience working with children elementary age through highschool would be ideal so that the children and tutor can grow together.
They would like to stay in the loop with their children’s educational progress, and so strong communication is a must for their household employee. They value having a planned curriculum in place, so that everyone is on the same page. During the school year and summertime, the boys are both heavily involved in afterschool sports such as golf, football, soccer, skiing and chess. The mother loves taking the boys to school and their activities. Only occasional help with transportation will be needed. Both boys excel in school, but are looking for a little encouragement and a challenge.
As a family, they value growth, hard work, natural consequences, and learning from mistakes. They want a candidate who can enrich the children in a broad way: they want them to be challenged and exposed to new and creative ways of thinking. They value someone who is good at critical thinking and deductive reasoning. The parents want their children to look at both sides of an issue and become well rounded, smart, and respectable gentlemen. The children need someone in the home who can laugh and joke around. They are not well receptive to no-nonsense personalities, they are children, after all! They are very involved parents and want to create a strong and trusting relationship with their employee. Dad travels often, and so having an extra hand on deck to help support mom will be vital during those times.
As far as tasks for the entire family goes, they are looking for help scheduling appointments, activities, sports, car maintenance, house repair vendors as needed, and other typical family assistant tasks.
Tutor duties required but not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining supportive, engaging, and challenging curriculum
- Weekly projects/quizzes/tests and/or parent check-ins, to monitor progress
- Teach and nurture a second language preferably Spanish or Mandarin
- Assist in improving general areas of education
- Transportation to and from school and activities as needed
- Overnight care and possible travel as needed
Other duties included but not limited to:
- Running a smooth and organized household
- Managing family’s schedule, calendar and commitments
- Managing supplies (restocking, purchasing etc.)
- Managing children (schedule, homework and activities)
- Create a household manual for family
- Assist other household staff and family as needed
- Light housekeeping (putting away the children’s dishes from the dishwasher and assisting the children in cleaning up after themselves etc.)
- Running errands if needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s degree a plus
- Previous assistant experience is a plus but not required
- Family office experience is a plus but not required
- Computer savvy and experience with Google Suite and other similar applications
- Superb calendar, travel, and administrative management skills
- Experience with juggling and fulfilling a dynamic workload with lots of moving parts
- When the workload is lighter, adept at finding ways to add value
- Working calmly but efficiently under pressure
- Eager to learn and grow, often on the fly and on-the-job
- Adaptable as the family’s needs evolve as the kids grow and involvements change.
- Must always act with discretion, tact, composure, and in ways that maintain/enhance the family’s reputations and relationships. Fits into the family’s culture and values.
- CPR Certification or willingness to become certified
- Vaccinations (e.g. MMR, TDap, Flu shot, COVID)
- 5+ years of in home tutor experience
- Must pass a federal, state, and local background check including sex offender registry
- Must be open to supporting the children in learning a second language
- Be legally permitted to work in the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Legal Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance
- Car to use on duty
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matching 401K contribution
To apply for this position please complete the online application located below.