Valentine’s Day is our Second favorite part of the winter season. We love spreading, sharing, and creating love and bonds with our friends and family, old and new. This year, Valentine’s Day is on Monday, a work day for most nannies. You may be already planning on how you can make this day special, or stand out, for your favorite littles. We need four things to make an amazing Valentine’s Day Party for our kiddos. Decorations, music, a snack, and a craft. Below are our team’s favorite Tried and True Valentine’s Day essentials that are sure to make any Valentine’s Day Party a hit with the children!
Frozen Yogurt Bites:
Kids of all ages love yogurt, and when it’s frozen, the appeal of this tasty treat grows exponentially! Valentine’s Day Yogurt Bites are easy peasy and don’t take much time to set. Prep these babies in the morning, pop them in the freezer, and they will be ready by lunch or snack time.
What you will need:
- Heart Shaped Ice Cube Tray, like This One.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Plain or Flavored Yogurt
- Chop your strawberries and combine in a mixing bowl with the yogurt of your choice.
- Mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your silicone molds
- Run a butter knife across the mold to ensure a flat edge.
- Place in freezer for 1-2 hours.
Paper Towel Roll Stamping:
This is Team Member Maggie’s favorite Valentine’s Day craft. It allows for reusing paper towel or toilet paper rolls, develops fine motor skills, and is fun for all ages. This heart stamping activity took us just a few minutes to set up, and we did not need to buy any new materials!
You will need:
- Paper towel or toilet paper rolls (we grabbed ours out of the recycling, literally)
- Take your paper towel or toilet paper rolls and create an indent at the top, forming a heart shape.
- Tape it this way, to avoid little kiddos getting frustrated if it comes apart (challenge your older kids to hold the stamp in a heart shape without tape.)
- Dip the stamp in paint, and go crazy!
Kid approved Valentine’s Day Playlists on Spotify:
Yarn Wrapped Hearts are a fun decoration that are easy and only utilize a few materials! If you have elementary aged kids, this could be a great way for them to help set up the Valentine’s Day Party for their siblings.
You will need:
- Cardboard (hello, Amazon Boxes)
- Cut your flat cardboard out into heart shapes.
- Cut a few yards of yarn and tape one end to the center of the cardboard heart.
- Begin wrapping the yarn in various directions around the cut out heart, holding tension with the yarn the entire time.
- Continue until your heart is fully wrapped and plush.
- Cut a few feet of yarn, tie around the top of the heart, and hang!