Compensation: $40+ an hour guarantees 40 hours a week plus benefits
Family First Household Staffing Agency is eager to assist a busy and professional family located in Scottsdale, Arizona in finding a professional and capable long-term Family Assistant for their two boys.
This position starts ASAP, but they are willing to wait for the right fit. They are offering $40+ an hour for a candidate that is kind, structured, and extremely organized. Flexibility in a day to day schedule is needed, but the position guarantees 40 hours. They are looking for a candidate who aligns with their values and can be an added support to the family throughout their lives. The family is offering a comprehensive and competitive package for the right fit as they want to make sure their 7th and 10th graders have exceptional support.
For the Family Assistant role, they are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, self sufficient, tech savvy and extremely organized. The boys both go to Private Christian Schools within 40 minutes of their home.
They would like to stay in the loop with their children’s educational progress, and have strong weekly communication. They would value having somehow that can plan ahead and keep the family schedule in order so that everyone is on the same page. During the school year and summertime, the boys are both heavily involved in afterschool sports such as golf, football, lacrosse, skiing and chess. The mother loves taking the boys to school and their activities although help with transportation will be needed. Both boys excel in school, but are looking for a little encouragement and a challenge. So while the Family Assistant would not be required to tutor the boys, they would need to make sure they are on top of their homework and be in charge of hiring outside tutors if they needed extra help.
As a family, they value growth, hard work, natural consequences, and learning from mistakes. They want a Family Candidate who can enrich the children in a broad way: they want them to be challenged and exposed to new and creative ways of thinking. They value someone who is good at critical thinking and deductive reasoning. The parents want their children to look at both sides of an issue and become well rounded, smart, and respectable gentlemen. The children need someone in the home who can laugh and joke around. They are not well receptive to no-nonsense personalities, they are children, after all! They are very involved parents and want to create a strong and trusting relationship with their employees. Dad travels often, and so having an extra hand on deck to help support mom will be vital during those times.The family currently has other staff for their multiple residences. Teamwork and exceptional communication must be something that the Family Assistant thrives with.
Family Assistant duties required but not limited to:
- Monitoring homework/parent check-ins, to monitor progress
- Transportation to and from school and activities as needed
- Overnight care and travel as needed
- Managing children (schedule, homework and activities)
- Keeping kitchen, closets, rooms extremely organized
- Scheduling maintenance should the need arise
Other duties included but not limited to:
- Managing family’s schedule, calendar and commitments
- Grocery Shopping and errand running
- Create a household manual for family
- Light housekeeping with things like dishes, and the boys laundry
- Finding and booking appointments for doctors
- Assisting with planning for birthdays or other events
- Holiday decorating and mailing cards
- Packing and shopping for trips
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Incredibly proactive, flexible and willing to think ahead
- Computer savvy and experience with Google Suite, DuckDuck and other similar applications
- Superb calendar and administrative management skills
- When the workload is lighter, adept at finding ways to add value
- Working calmly but efficiently under pressure
- Eager to learn and grow, often on the fly and on-the-job
- Adaptable as the family’s needs evolve as the kids grow and involvements change.
- Must always act with discretion, tact, composure, and in ways that maintain/enhance the family’s reputations and relationships. Fits into the family’s culture and values.
- CPR Certification or willingness to become certified
- Vaccinations (e.g. MMR, TDap, Flu shot, COVID) personal choice
- 5+ years of in home experience
- Must pass a federal, state, and local background check including sex offender registry
- Be legally permitted to work in the United State
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Legal Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Car to use on duty
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.